Crock Pot Hodge PodgePosted: April 19, 2011
Tonight’s dinner was born from several recipes that sounded good but I was missing one or two key ingredients from each. I decided to just throw together what I had and hope for the best!
- 1 lb ground beef, browned and drained
- Onion (I used the Red Spring Onions still in my crisper drawer from last week’s box of produce. I chopped up two onions and cooked them up with the ground beef.)
- 3 potatoes, diced
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 (12 oz) jar salsa + water (filled the empty jar with water and dumped into crock pot)
- frozen peas (I just poured in about 3/4 of a bag)
- beans (I had intended to use a can of black, a can of kidney but found that I didn’t have them in my pantry after all. I ended up using a mix of dried beans. Had to cook them for a few hours first, then throw them in the crock pot, which had already been cooking the rest of the meal.)
I am thinking that when it comes out, we can sprinkle some cheese on top, maybe add some tortilla chips? I’ll let you know how it turns out!